The Natural Facelift Massage includes the powerful combination of both Gua Sha and MEHTA facelift techniques. The session begins with a shoulder and neck massage to reduce muscular tension, and open energy channels.
- Tones the muscles of the face which can help with sagging skin
- De-puffs and slims the face through increased circulation and lymph drainage
- Reduces under-eye bags
- Tightens facial contours and lifts features (jawline, cheekbones, brows, eyes)
- Lessens wrinkles and habitual expression lines
- Relaxes muscle tension in the face, contributing to full body stress relief (puts the body in a parasympathetic state, which is wonderful for anyone who has trouble falling asleep)
- Firms and hydrates the skin
- Boosts blood flow & circulation
- Moves stagnant blood that contributes to dark circles
- Helps the skin recover from blemishes & acne scars
- Prevents wrinkles and helps smooth existing lines
- Instantly lifts and plumps the skin
- Reduces sinus congestion
- Allows serums to penetrate deeper post-treatment
- Aids neck pain & headaches brought on by tight muscle or fascia
- Enhances supply of nutrients to skin cells
- Increases elimination of toxins
- SELF-CARE! (a wonderful way to touch and love on your body)
Gua Sha is an ancient Chinese healing technique that is performed using gentle press-stroking massage movements with a stone to manipulate and stimulate specific energy lines and points along the face and body, which help break up blood stagnation, free toxic accumulation, promote lymphatic drainage and increase the life force energy that runs throughout our body.
MEHTA Facelift Massage is is an anti aging technique based in Ayurveda. It
includes acupressure, massage, lymphatic drainage, and energy balancing polarity therapy. MEHTA massage frees constrictions within facial muscles and connective tissue. Microcirculation and elimination is greatly improved through the use of massage and energy balancing techniques.
Your skin is comprised of connective tissue known as collagen and elastic fibers. Collagen gives strength and suppleness to the skin and elastic fibers increase the strength and flexibility. Together they both give skin structure and suppleness. As time passes the strength and resilience of the fibers decrease, as well as the numbers of fibers. The fibers may break or develop cross-links, which can block the flow of fluids to the skin reducing its suppleness. Elastic fibers can shrink causing skin to become dehydrated. Years of habitual expression can cause the connective tissue to adhere to the surrounding muscles and bones.
Natural facelift massage assists in releasing restrictions, and helps the lymphatic system through sweeping and acupressure techniques which encourage increased circulation, and better drainage. There is a greater flow of oxygen and nutrients to heal cells, and waste products are flushed out. As a result, skin looks less saggy, puffy, and dull.
Results are evident after a natural facelift massage session. We recommend booking a series of 6 sessions once a week to allow for longer lasting results, followed by once a month for maintenance. Emma will also teach you techniques for self care at home. The effects are cumulative. The natural facelift massage is deeply beneficial, restorative, and sleep inducing!
Certified in natural facelift massage through the London Center of Indian Champissage.